Guru.com Profile - WizardofeBooks
Find this profile here: http://www.guru.com/freelancers/Technical-Writing-Web-Content-Ghostwriter-Blog-Writer-eBook/Nevada/Las-Vegas/1491620
|Tagline:||Obsessed with eBooks, marketing, and chocolate.|
|GMT:||Pacific Standard Time|
|Category rank:||26659 in Writing, Editing & Translation|
|Money (all time):||$0.00|
|Min. project budget:||$1,000.00|
|Member since:||15 Mar 2012|
|Last sign In:||14 May 2012 4:33 PM ET|
|Quotes submitted:||0 in last 30 days|
|Highest degree:||Associate's Degree|
|Software skills:||Since the early 90's, I have used, written books about, and taught classes in all of the following;
- MS Office (although now I prefer Open Office)
- Open Office
- InDesign (my most-used software, for laying out books for print and PDF)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro (video and audio editing)
- Audacity (audio recording and editing, mostly for podcasting and voice-only work)
|Additional skills:||- have been invited back to teach in the Master's of Publishing program in which I studied at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada
- frequent speaker and trainer on the subject of eBooks, in both the USA and Canada
- have participated in the creation, editing, or layout of over 160 books and eBooks, as of March 2012, many of which I created in their entirety, either for myself or for clients
- now specialize in the editing and formatting of eBooks for myself or clients, mostly in the affiliate marketing industry
- often consult to corporations and individuals on the use of eBooks in their overall marketing plan, in conjunction with affiliate programs and the use of social media
- originally from Vancouver Canada, and now living full-time in Las Vegas, NV, I often travel back and forth between the two areas, and other cities for speaking and consulting
Ghost Writing & Books
Internet & Ecommerce
Printing & Publishing
|Highlights:||I really am obsessed with eBooks, and after creating or participating in so many of them, I can hardly believe all that I've worked on. When I look back, I really am proud of all the clients that I've helped realize their vision.
Some highlights in the last couple of years have been;
- Participated in the creation of the first embedded affiliate ad eBook, in partnership with my husband's company, TotalMarketingSystems.com. This marked the first time an active ad had been directly embedded into a PDF. This means that each time a person opens the eBook on his or her internet-connected device, the eBook references our server and pulls down the most recent version of the ads. Because the book was ad-supported, we could give away the eBook for free. You can see a version of this live at HowToReadHerMind.com.
- Performed the layout for my first cookbook for a Canadian chef who is now about to launch her own television show. The eBook version of the cookbook was entered into the 2009 Gourmand cookbook awards, and won first prize for its category, which was entertaining cookbooks. It was up against several print cookbooks in the same category and beat them all out. You can see the eBook at http://www.groovemamma.com/cookbook.html, by Author Nadine Hughes.
Terms: Work cannot begin until parties have signed the Humanus Publishing Standard NDA. (Please ask to see a copy. A sample can be downloaded from http://www.wizardofebooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Humanus-Publishing-Standard-Non-Disclosure-Agreement-v.4.2.pdf.)
Deposit to begin work is 50% of this quote and the remaining 50% on completion or delivery of digital files.
Source files are the property of the client on completion of final payment. An archival disc will be sent to you by regular post after the project.
All changes to scope, style, design, and excessive changes throughout the project will be billed in addition to this estimate.
Notes: From delivery of source content, estimated time to complete is 21 days. Quote and time estimates are valid for 30 days. Please ask for adjusted estimates 30 days after quote date.