Guru.com Profile - atlprowriter
Find this profile here: http://www.guru.com/freelancers/Technical-Writing-Copywriter-Resume-Report-Writer-Web-Content/Georgia/Atlanta/458758
|Tagline:||Get it done "write" the 1st time|
|Photograph:||No images have been uploaded.|
|GMT:||Eastern Standard Time|
|Category rank:||23327 in Writing, Editing & Translation|
|Money (all time):||$2,492.00|
|Min. project budget:||$25.00|
|Member since:||18 Jun 2004|
|Last sign In:||23 Jul 2012 10:46 AM ET|
|Quotes submitted:||0 in last 30 days|
|Highest degree:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Software skills:||Software: MS Office Suite 2003 XP, 2000, 9x; Front Page 2003/2000/2002, Project 2003/2002, Symantec 5-in-1, SnagIt, Camtasia, Help file software, Adobe CS2 Suite (GoLive, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.), Macromedia MX Suite, Dozens of other software packages and applications|
|Additional skills:||Operating Systems: Windows 9x, 2000 Pro, DOS 7.1
Software: MS Office Suite XP, 2000, 9x; Front Page 2000/2002, Project 2002, Symantec 5-in-1
Hardware: sound cards, video cards, Ethernet cards, hard drives, CD-ROM/CDRW drives, SCSI adapters, printers, scanners, AMD CPUs
Languages: HTML, SQL Plus, SQL, Visual Basic, .ASP
Resumes & Cover Letters
Technology & Internet
Non-Profits & Charities
|Highlights:||Owner/Writer/Editor, Lea Clark & Associates 1/1999 to present
* Designed and authored webs and web content for www.coastalcandlesonline.com and www.tasteofal-islam.com, among others.
* Authored optimized web content for dozens of web sites, including SEO articles and page content.
* Produced in excess of 1500 documents in the past 12 months.
* Planned and conducted résumé writing seminar; critiqued over 25 résumés in 6-hour timeframe.
* Represented Professional Résumé Writers and Research Association at 2001 Georgia Alliance Career Fair in Atlanta, GA; provided free résumé critiques to over 150 people in 6 hours, 2001.
* Developed and published 7 websites, including all copywriting, copyediting, Meta tag production, proofreading, and search engine submissions.
* Administer and maintain websites.
* Utilize basic photo and graphic manipulation software, in combination with desktop publishing and word processing applications to develop and distribute marketing materials and press releases.
* Solicited and solidified several on-going subcontracts with high-profile online writing services.
Freelance Writer 1979 to present
* Published 19 business related articles on Suite101.com (2001); Pecan Trees and Secret Family Recipes, Southern Scribe (2001); Lost and Found: A Mother, A Friend, YOU! Magazine (1995).
* Developed and published 4 websites, including all copywriting, copyediting, Meta tag production, proofreading, and search engine submissions, 2000-2002.
* Wrote six-month series of front-page articles, "Delaware County Leader," 1979.
Secretary/Transcriber/Proofreader, Georgia Farm Bureau Insurance Company, 11/1997 to 1/1999
* Transcribed, proofread, edited, and printed claims-related recorded statements, business letters, and a variety of insurance-related documents.
* Processed, printed, and routed average of 65 recorded minutes and 30 documents per day.
* Utilized AS400 word processing application and Dictaphone automated system, as well as manual dictation/transcription equipment to create documents from digital recordings.
* Began as temporary file clerk and was hired as Salvage Secretary.
* Promoted to Word Processing Transcriber II in less than 5 months.
* Represented Salvage Department in secretarial meeting for development of process and procedures manual.
* Processed an average of $1 million per month in incoming payments for sold salvage properties.