Guru.com Profile - Writing Your Wrongs
Find this profile here: http://www.guru.com/freelancers/Editor-Proofreader-Report-Writer-Technical-Writing-Guides-Manuals-Web-Content/Washington/Seattle/768579
|Screen name:||Writing Your Wrongs|
|Tagline:||The wrong word is a lightning bug. The right word, lightning!|
|Photograph:||No images have been uploaded.|
|GMT:||Pacific Standard Time|
|Category rank:||22152 in Writing, Editing & Translation|
|Money (all time):||$340.00|
|Min. project budget:||$100.00|
|Member since:||27 Jan 2007|
|Last sign In:||06 Aug 2012 4:39 PM ET|
|Quotes submitted:||0 in last 30 days|
|Highest degree:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Software skills:||• Proficient in 2010 Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
• Familiar with Adobe Acrobat Pro, InDesign, and FrameMaker
• Experience with HTML and CSS using Dreamweaver CS4
|Additional skills:||Bachelor of Arts--English Literature and Writing
Technical Writing and Editing Certificate--University of Washington
• Technical writing and editing skills
• Experience writing and editing memos, feasibility studies, product comparisons, how-to procedures, web content, user assistance tutorials, commerce relevance judgment guidelines, press releases, articles, essays, short stories, and novels
• Experience writing, designing, and creating layout for manuals and handbooks
• Use of multiple style guides, including MLA, Chicago, AP, and MSTP
• Development of style guides for a project or business
• Full time contract experience with Microsoft analyzing, judging, labeling, editing, and categorizing search engine query results for Bing
• Experience working with software developers and project managers in the development of software tools and judgment guidelines used for commerce relevance judging
• Excellent verbal , written, and technical communication skills
• Strong at organizing, prioritizing, and multi-tasking
• Self-motivator and valued team player
• Experience developing project contracts, timelines, and rate sheets
• Creative problem solver
|Subcategories:||Editing & Proofreading
User Guides & Manuals
Microsoft, authored and edited internal documentation and provided data analysis to improve functionality and performance of Bing commerce, images, and multi-media platforms. Collaborated with a team to develop and implement new Bing user experience features. Worked with developers to improve internal tools. Ensured maximum efficiency of cross-team communication. , 2010-2011.
Cynthia Berrio-Williams, MA, LMHC, provided business flyer design, web design, and web content for this therapist's private practice, 2011
Allison Ramsey, MS, LMHC, provided business flyer design and web content, including technical information about the mental health field, for this therapist's private practice, 2011.
Alchemy Interviews, wrote press releases and business articles for this web-business, distributed materials to various online PR firms, 2010.
DemoSoftIT, wrote a product comparison of the top five commercial network analyzers (sniffers), 2010.
PromoSoft Corp, wrote web content for Speed Up Your PC software, including recreating the layout of the web page for this product, 2010.
Brynphotography.com, wrote web content for this photography business web site, 2007.
Oregon Open State Boxing Tournament, provided interviews with Coach Richard Miller, before and after tournament. Wrote press release for this event, used in the Bend Bulletin newspaper. Wrote follow-up article about this event, also used by the Bend Bulletin, 2007.
|Work terms:||Take advantage of an ambitious, talented individual with a strong work ethic and the drive to take on new clients across an array of project areas. I have a degree in English and a Technical Writing and Editing certificate. I work for $35/ hour and prefer to work on a time and materials contract. I appreciate the use of Escrow or invoice. On projects requiring more than 15 hours I ask that you pay $150 deposit before beginning the project.|