Guru.com Profile - jamesm249
Find this profile here: http://www.guru.com/freelancers/Software-Developer-Web-Programmer-Database-Consultant-Embedded-Programming-DBA/Washington/Tacoma/905867
|Tagline:||Well rounded and pragmatic. I am always up for a challenge.|
|Photograph:||No images have been uploaded.|
|GMT:||Pacific Standard Time|
|Category rank:||61925 in Programming & Databases|
|Money (all time):||$0.00|
|Min. project budget:||Not specified|
|Member since:||03 Jan 2008|
|Last sign In:||07 Apr 2009 7:52 PM ET|
|Quotes submitted:||0 in last 30 days|
|Highest degree:||Bachelor's Degree|
I have developed apps utilizing the following communication API's:
- Raw TCP/IP - SNA LU6.2
- MQSeries(Websphere MQ)
- SMTP(POP3) - ODBC
- Sybase Open Client
- Telnet - FTP
I am familiar with the following web API's and frameworks:
- CGI communication over Apache Webserver.
- mod_python over Apache Webserver.
- Jakarta Struts framework over Apache using Tomcat.
I am familiar with many general API's and frameworks, including the following:
- Python/C API for writing python language extensions in C/C++
- pywin32, wxPython, and boa-constructor for GUI application development.
- 4suite and Amara for XML parsing.
- Python Imaging Library (PIL) for image processing.
- Aware libraries for handling WSQ1000 and JPEG2000 compressed
|Additional skills:||I am well versed in Unix development tools and scripting including the following:
- Scripting (ksh, bash, csh, tcsh, etc...)
- Parsing data (sed, awk, find, more, grep, uniq, etc...)
- Editing files (vi, emacs)
- Compiling and debugging (gcc, gdb, gprof, make, etc...)
I am also familiar with windows development tools and applications:
- Compiling and debugging (Visual C++, CL, WinDBG)
- Documentation (Word, Excel, Visio, etc...)
- Software packaging (Installshield, Inno Setup)
I have developed and supported apps in the following Operating Systems:
- Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP)
- IBM AIX
- Sun Solaris
Technology & Internet
|Highlights:||Depth of knowledge, attention to detail, completeness...this is what you will get with my services.
I have been developing software for 19 years now. I have had the great fortune to work on many different things and have proven my expertise through my successes. Among them are:
- A microcontroller project that employed DSP operations on an analog sound input.
- A project that analyzed SCSI disk activity through Unix kernel querying.
- I held a key contracting position in the successful digital conversion of image records
for a US federal government agency.
My knowledge in computing is very in-depth concerning the things I have previously worked with, and I am not afraid to try something new. And the technologies I have worked with are many.
|Work terms:||In both our best interests, I will initially focus on gathering
requirements from you, the client, to determine what the scope of work
will be. I will also try to be very frank and honest about what I will
require. At that time, I am willing to give my full attention and
effort to the completion of that work. My goal is to create something that is truly of value to you.
Let's just go through the SafePay Escrow. In fact, it appears that it is a violation of
the terms of service to do otherwise.
I would prefer e-mail for the communication method. I think maybe 3-4 times a week
correspondence initially will be fine until requirements are gathered. Then maybe 1-2
times a week as questions come up.
I would prefer to work at night. Early evening would be fine for any interactive
communication, such as phone calls or chat.