Guru.com will not post projects or Package Deal orders of the following nature:
- Projects posted by Employers with invalid email addresses
If the Employer’s email address is invalid, we cannot send your quotes and, therefore, will not post their projects.
- 100% commission-based projects
With the exception of a few categories, Guru.com will not post 100% commission-based projects. Employers must offer a reasonable project rate, hourly rate, or an hourly rate plus commission.
- Projects requesting free mock-ups from Freelancers
Employers may not request free mock-ups from Freelancers. Employers must use Freelancers’ Work Samples to determine their style and level of expertise.
Employers may not request a free contest entry from Freelancers. Employers must use Freelancers’ Work Samples to determine their style and level of expertise.
- Full-time/Part-time employment
Employers may not seek full-time or part-time employees. Guru.com only offers its free project posting service for freelance and contract positions.
- Joint ventures or partnerships where profits are shared contingent upon success
Employers must offer an hourly rate or a total estimated payment (or an hourly rate/estimated payment plus partnership opportunity) to a Freelancer once work is completed.
- Projects that include bartering or trading
Employers must offer an hourly rate or total estimated payment (or an hourly rate/estimated payment plus bartering opportunity) to a Freelancer once work is completed.
- Royalty-based or contingency-based projects
Employers must offer an hourly rate or a total estimated payment for services performed. Employers may offer an hourly base rate plus royalty or bonus opportunities, but payment to Freelancers cannot be dependent upon the success (or failure) of a business transaction.
- School projects or homework assignments
School-related work is intended to be completed by the student, not a Guru.com Freelancer.
- Projects that require Freelancers to supply an up-front investment
Employers may not require Freelancers to pay money prior to receiving work.
- Sales pitches or event announcements
Employers may not post projects to make sales pitches or announcements. Guru.com will only post requests from Employers who are seeking Freelancers to work on their projects.
- Job fair listings
Employers may not post job fair listings. Guru.com will only post requests from Employers who are seeking Freelancers to work on their projects.
- Pro-bono or volunteer work
All Freelancers on Guru.com are seeking work for pay. Employers must offer a rate per hour or total estimated payment to a Freelancer once work is completed.
- Projects that are illegal or questionable
Employers may not post project content or request work that is illegal or questionable. This includes projects that may be a violation of another sites terms of services. I.e., “I want a clone of eBay.”
- Payment outside of the mandatory payment system
Per the Terms of Service, all payments related to a project or Freelancer on Guru.com must be sent and paid through either SafePay or Guru Invoicing.
- Projects with unreasonable expectations or a poor chance of success
Guru.com reserves the right to reject projects that have little chance for success in our marketplace or projects that contain unreasonable expectations from our Freelancers. This includes projects with budgets less than $25.