We are looking to add a talented Front-end Developer who is obsessed with developing websites that are beautiful, fun, and even addictive. As the Front-end Web Designer at Guru, you will be responsible for the creative execution of our user interfaces and related development activities around enhancements, introduction of new features and continued upkeep of the Guru.com platform. The candidate will interact with the designers, other members of the development team and QA group in the development process here at our Pittsburgh office. The right candidate will have a passion for design, and persevere to give Guru the look and feel of an award winning website.
We’re looking for someone who:
- has impeccable visual design aesthetic.
- believes collaboration is the key to achieving great design.
- is a champion of User Experience.
- supports mobile efforts through HTML5, Responsive Design and champion multi-platform integration.
- ensures their code is reusable, compatible, efficient and documented.
- tests designs for various browsers and devices, desktop to mobile.
- wants a part of contributing to enhancements to Guru.com from wireframes to design and development.
- 5+ years of experience in Web development
- BS in Information Systems or related area
- An excellent online portfolio (with URLs of course) and good experiences with HTML and CSS
- Good communication and listening skills
- The ability to prioritize workload to meet project goals within tight deadlines
- Constantly self-educates, making sure to be up-to-date on new technologies and best practices within the industry
Benefits for the full time opportunity include: Medical, Dental and Vision, Gym with a weekly trainer.