Starting today you can view your 1099-MISC Form to get started on your tax filing. It is your responsibility to report your 1099-MISC earnings to the IRS.

To view or print your 1099-MISC Form:

  1. Log into your account.
  2. Go to the Payment Overview page.
  3. Click the “1099 Tax Forms” link.
  4. Which Freelancers Qualify for a 1099-MISC Form?
    All of the following conditions must be met to receive a 1099-MISC Form:
    You received payment from an Employer who uses’s free 1099 service
    You completed a W-9 form with a valid U.S. social security number (SSN)
    You reside within the U.S. and,
    You received payments through totaling $600 or more in 2013.

    Please contact an accountant or tax firm if you have any questions about your tax filing.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+



  1. Matthew Rice

    I received an email indicating my 1099 was ready now. Unfortunately, after logging in and following these steps, “1099 Tax Forms” doesn’t appear anywhere on the “Payment Overview” page, let alone the right sidebar.

    Any insight?

    • Anna

      Hi Matthew,

      I see you used an EIN when you completed the W-9. 1099s are only issued to folks using valid social security numbers (SSN). The IRS does not require 1099s from people using EINs. Please let me know if you still need help.

  2. Adrian Constantin

    Hi Anna,

    I received more than $600, but being a Romanian resident… I don’t have a SSN, nor EIN (as I’m not an employee in US). Please let me know if this announcement is applying to me, too.

    Best regards!

  3. Jaclyn

    I am not able to find my 1099-MISC form and I was paid over $600 for the year. I also don’t think I used an EIC number? Please advise? Thanks

    • Anna

      Hi Jaclyn,
      If you have specific questions about your taxes, you will need to contact a tax specialist. If you’d like to speak with someone about the tax information you’ve provided us / your employer’s provided us, you can contact us at

  4. Lucy Miele

    My understanding of the latest IRS rules is that independent contractors paid by credit card should not receive 1099-MISC, but 1099-K – and then only if payments to them meet the reporting threshold.

    Is Guru now issuing 1099-K as well as 1099-MISC, depending on payment type? (check, credit card, etc.)?

  5. Johnd986

    Good writeup, I am normal visitor of ones blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time. edbeeefaeeed

  6. Octavia

    I worked via guru but didn’t receive more than 400 in income, yet when I file taxes they still require a EIN for is there and EIN number for general work that I can use to compete my taxes this year? I cant file online without them and would rather not wait for the mailed in tax return


Leave a Comment

  • (will not be published)