Illustrator, Graphic Designer, Copy Editor, Copy Chief Advertising Designer
I am a Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Copy Editor, Formatter and work in Publishing.
Some of the tasks I perform for my clients are as follows:
1. I review my clients project and go over their project with them. We discuss their goals, publishing plans, trim size, cover ideas, illustration/graphic style choices, layout choices and the copyrights about their project. Then the parameters of the job’s laid out.
2. I then create a legal document that’s signed and delivered to my client for them to review. I have them let me know what they want changed in the document. After the legal documents are finalized, we all get a copy.
3. Then I start creating the graphics in the style the client prefers, or I digitize the art they supply me with, or find royalty free images that fit their text. I share with them what I am doing and revise what they want revised.
4. After the graphics for their project have completely been approved by the client, I start copyediting the copy/story/text and send them a copyedited version of their text to review, change and go over. I supply backup information for my client to review, due to any copyediting choices that I made, that they are unsure about. When it comes to copyediting my client’s choices about the text of their publication is the final choice and I do not have an opinion about that, I agree with them. The clients always feel comfortable about their final grammar and editing choices.
5. After the copy/text of the project is completely approved, I ask the client to supply additional pages that go inside of their publication, like an author’s page, etc. I start laying out their publication and give my clients layout choices 85% of the time, so I layout pages in various styles for them to pick from.
6. Then I further consult with my client about the making of their publication covers, front and back..Please visit www.amykochjohnson.com to read the rest of this list of tasks.
To be negotiated based upon the project. I work from Guru and use their safepay terms, with milestones.