You can add as much detail to your job posting as you like, but it should include the following:
- An outline of the desired task or service.
- A general description of the business requirements of the job.
- A timeline detailing expected start and completion dates.
You’ll also have to choose the follow preferences when posting a job:
- Job Category: You’ll want to pick the category that best fits your job. If you’re not sure or want to keep it open choose “Any Category”.
- Location Preferences: This tells gurus you want to work with people from a specific area. You can choose a country, up to three cities, or a US Zip Code.
- Estimated Cost: How much you want to spend on this job. If you’re not sure there’s a “Not Sure/Confidential” option.
- Hourly/Fixed Price: Decide if you want to pay someone by the hour or at one set cost. This can be changed at any point until you approve an agreement.
- Job Exposure: You can decide who can view the job posting. This cannot be edited after the job is posted. There are three options:
- Maximum: It’s indexed by search engines and there’s no restriction on who can see this.
- Limited: Only guru.com users can see this post.
- None: Can only be seen by users you invite to the job. If you don’t invite anyone within 24 hours the job will be made public to our users.
- Posting Timeline: Chose when you want to stop receiving quote. The default is 30 days, but you can set any timeline you like.
- Attaching Files: You can attached up to 10MB to your job posting. We support the following: .ACCDB, .AVI, .BMP, .DOC, .DOCX, .EPS, .GIF, .JPEG, .JPG, .MDE, .MOV, .MP3, .MP4, .MPE, .MPEG , .MPG, .PDF, .PNG, .PPS, .PPSX, .PPT, .PPTX, .PSD, .QXD, .SWF, .TIF, .TIFF, .TXT, .WAV, .WMV, .XLS, .XLSX, .ZIP.