Looking for a writer to write the first book a 5-part ebook series on fantasy, magic, adventure, suspense, and humor for teens and young adults. If the engagement is satisfactory, the writer will be hired under a subsequent engagement for the remaining 4 books in the series. As a trial phase, select writers will be invited to a different job post, which will be compensated, where they will be asked to write a 1000 word sample that is relevant to the storyline. If successful, the finalist will be awarded this job to write the book.
Given previous experience, the following milestones apply:
- 1st milestone: 10.000 words. The content must be reliable, original, and high quality. The story flows and there is no unnecessary filler content. The model series has a lot of immersive and funny dialogue, engaging characters, an imaginative storyline, and interesting world-building. It is well-paced, builds on previous elements instead of adding random events, and provides though-provoking material.
- 2nd milestone: Next 20.000 words of the book. Same content expectations as previous milestone.
- Final milestone: Next 30.000 words with book complete and edited. Same content expectations as previous milestone. In addition, the writing scores a 95% or above on ProWritingAid or similar.
The story features a strong female lead. The key reference is The Unstoppable Liv Beaufont series adapted to a different context and storyline.
Each eBook must be at least 250 pages/60000 words. I would like the first in the series to be completed within 40 days of the start of the project or less, and each one after that within a similar timeframe. The series is to be fully completed within this year 2020.
Attached you will get specific information about the type of reader that the eBook will be written for, along with some direction about what the ebook should cover.
You should be able to do independent research to fill out the content. I will provide you with some resources to help you out and will be willing to answer any questions that you have.
Also, the content must grab the readers' attention from the beginning and aim to not let go of it. It is recommended to have a plan laid out as to how the story will progress. Each milestone will be independently edited and you will receive feedback which to deliver the final product accordingly. Imagination, humor, dialogue, immersive scenes, great characters, and excellent world-building are key, grasping the reader's emotions while adjusting to the YA target audience and taking them on a ride that will keep them entertained but will also provide lessons for their empowerment.
Content shall be original. No plagiarism will be tolerated.
This will eventually be sold on Amazon Kindle.
Also, please be ready to sign an agreement whereby you transfer the property of the work conducted in relation to this job in exchange for the compensation for said job.
I will be there to answer questions, give you directions, and give you feedback on what you produce and will therefore request that we agree on a delivery calendar.
Payment will be prompt, and if you give me a good product I will leave you positive feedback and recommend you to other employers.
In your bid, please include the following:
1. What price would you charge per page/per word?
2. How long will it realistically take you to finish the completed project?
3. At least two samples of your work
For your reference, the expected rate is 1 cent per word or $100/10k words. We will consider offers above this rate if justified, without breaking the bank. After all, buying readers must be factored in.
Thank you for your bid, and hopefully we can work together soon!
Jordi ... Show more