Here at Business For Growth we realise the importance of good content and the vital role it plays in all stages of a buyer’s journey, from piquing initial interest through to aiding consideration, from nurturing relationships to helping with upselling. We want and need to produce more quality content but are restrained by bandwidth. We are also aware of the fact that although we are genuinely expert in the subject matter, we are not expert writers. So, we are looking for help to produce a rage of content from short and long form articles for our website and newsletter to marketing brochures and case studies.
Our target market is B2B companies predominantly selling high/mid value product with some level of complexity. The businesses could be small to midsized 10 plus people through to division of much bigger companies. Our personas are CEO’s, Entrepreneurs, Sales and Marketing Directors. They are likely to be a technical expert of some sort who has had to become competent at sales and marketing, or at least aware of it for their business to prosper. They will be interested in speaking to us, because they will have constantly nagging at the back of their head a feeling that they do not think their sales and marketing operation is good enough. They are probably frustrated because they have tried lots of different solutions and people in roles and have not really achieved the result they are looking for. They are therefore pretty cynical about people offering solutions.
There is another group, they are Sales and Marketing directors who are good at the job and understand a lot about marketing and sales. This group recognise that it is really hard to have a full deck of all of the skills in a team and sometimes they are going to have gaps and are going to need to bring in skills and services to help them achieve their goals.
What we need from our content strategy:
We need content for all of the stages of our buyer’s journey.
Even though we think that most of our leads will come from outbound we want to also make sure that through SEO we are also picking up those that have an expressed interest and are searching online for solutions, answers to questions.
So we need articles that talk to the questions of our entrepreneurs:
• Why isn’t our email marketing working
• How do I get more referrals from our existing customers
• What ratios are average in terms of leads to closed sale
• How do I know if it is my salesperson that is crap at closing or my leads
• How can I shorten my sales cycle
• What is the most cost effective lead generation activity
• How do I work out what our most profitable target group of customers will be
• How do I create a high performing sales culture
We then need content to support the sales process and the prospects consideration phase.
Here we need brochures on us and our service lines as well as content from research to thought leadership to advice to support the sales team.
We need brochures on the following:
• Our Blueprint methodology and how it underpins our work.
• Our approach to lead generation and how it works
• Our Customer Business Case Workshop, what it is and what clients will get out of it
In terms of articles:
• Who not How – a summary of the book and why more entrepreneurs and businesspeople should follow that approach
• How to work our if PPC, Facebook or cold email will work better for you.
• Why most lead generation exercises do not work?
• Is trying to get your sales team to prospect a false economy.
• How to get your sales team to prospect effectively.
• What do you do with all of your old leads?
• How do you decide on whether a lead is a lead?
• Why can’t my sales team sell this new product?
• What is the real ‘cost per sale’ in your business?
• What is the best sales training for technical people that have to sell
• Can you really create a sales culture in a business that doesn’t see itself like that at all?
• How do we shorten sales cycles?
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone that has written on sales and marketing topics previously. We will be looking for the advice to come from our perspective and pepper with our knowledge and experience so quite a few of the articles will be interviewing Adrian on the subject then ghost writing the article on his behalf. By that we do not mean just interviewing and writing up the content. It will be getting the key views, advice and angles on the topic from Adrian, then going and doing the research to bring in additional content, facts, observations, etc to support the article.
For long and short form articles we will pay $0.10 per word.
We are looking to produce 1 article a week, but might start with a batch of 6.
Another task will be to take our Customer Business Case and turn that into a marketing brochure.
We may pay per brochure - £150 - £200. ... Show more