I am hosted by Site5 and received this email last night telling me my website has malware.
I need this fixed a.s.a.p. below is the info i received. Website address statmart.com.au
We have discovered outgoing spam e-mail messages which originated from malicious files on this account. We have temporarily password restricted access to web content on this account to prevent further malicious activity until corrective action has been taken. While these restrictions are in place, you will be prompted for a username and password when visiting websites on this account. The username and password you will use are included below. ... Show more
We have identified files responsible for the outgoing messages below.
Logins used to send mail:
Current working directories:
Random recipient addresses:
T="Contact Form" : 89
T="Newsletter subscription success" : 32
Total number of discrete subjects: 2
List of infected files to clean are placed in: /home/statmart/malware.txt
If you don’t feel comfortable removing the infected files yourself, we recommend contacting a third party professional who can assist with removing malware, such as SiteLock.
If you choose to clean the infected files on your own, we have a few recommendations below to get you started.
- Check your account for any additional unfamiliar files and remove them.
- Update all scripts (WordPress, Joomla! etc.) and their plugins to the latest secure versions.
- Change your cPanel and your script admin passwords.
- Ensure all computers used to access your accounts are frequently scanned for viruses and malware.
- Uninstall any plugins, modules, or themes you are not using. Even if they are disabled the script resides on the server and can be exploited if there is a vulnerability.
Please note that your site will need to be completely updated and hardened against further attacks. Repeated compromises may result in permanent suspension of your account. It is in the best interest of our customers that we take security very seriously. Thank you for understanding our firm stance on the matter.
Site5 Hosting | http://www.site5.com