Reports to: Pastor, Rev. Dr. Verlin D. Williams
Hours: 10 hours/week
Job Description: Worship/Praise Team Leader
Union Baptist Church is seeking an experienced independent contractor to oversee the music ministry. The primary responsibility of the Worship/Praise Team Leader providing leadership and coordinating the worship ministry with particular emphasis on liturgy, music, and the arts. To plan and perform the music of each service and lead the congregation into a Sprit-led worship experience. This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and congregation.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly staff meetings with the Pastor to plan, prepare, and provide direction for Worship service(s).
- Helps plan and execute worship services and actively listening for new music.
- Direct rehearsals and activities with the worship teams on a regular basis and to teach materials to prepare for worship on Sunday.
- Coordinate with the technology team to manage technical aspects of worship including audio/visual media, and videos.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside normal services including but not limited to Christmas, Good Friday, Watch night service and mid-week services.
- Blend contemporary and traditional styles of worship music to accommodate a wide-range of worship styles.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with all worship choir members and band.
- Maintain a database of music.
- Provide suggestions and direction to vocalists, music ministry team, and technicians responsible for audio, visual lighting, and other worship-related technical equipment for the best sound and appearance.
- Attend church staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Experience planning, preparing, and leading worship services.
- A strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 2-5 years worship leading experience in a congregational setting.
- Ability to lead worship with a band or independently.
- Skill at finding and securing music and video that will enhance worship. Knowledge of copyright law necessary.
- Confident to speak in front of large groups of people.
- Must exhibit servant leadership, communication, time management, organizational and people skills.
- Leadership, interpersonal and time management skills necessary for this is a leadership position.
- Ability to relate to a variety of people.
- Vocal ability, able to teach music, train vocalists and knowledge of music theory.
- Musical ability to engage worshipers by the leading of the Holy Spirit through songs, music and prayer.
- Basic understanding of the production side of worship including sound equipment and ability to learn about our technical set up including video projection and livestream.
Work Schedule: Flexible hours (weekend availability)
Hours: This role is 10 hours a week position, including 4 hours on Sunday, 2 hours for the midweek evening practice and 4 hours a week planning for worship (administrative duties, tech, and song selections).
Job Type: 1099
Interested Candidates, please send your cover letter, resume three (3) professional references to Job_Opportunity@Unionbaptistwp.org . In the subject line, please put Worship/Praise Team Leader.
Or mail to
Union Baptist Church
31 Manhattan Avenue White Plains, NY 10603
Attn: Worship Leader Search Committee
... Show more