I have had over twenty years of experience in high volume accounting offices that included time with two freight companies as well as a term as a forensic auditor for a contingency auditing firm.
Therefore, I am:
• Experienced in high volume accounts payable and receivable including collections.
• Able to manage payroll for both hourly employees and commissioned contractors.
• Proficient in detailed bank and account reconciliation.
• Experienced in full cycle bookkeeping up to year end.
• Highly organized in office administration including staff training and supervision.
• Excellent in communications skills with strong public relations experience.
• Well versed in computer usage, including software installation and troubleshooting.
Education and Skills Training:
• Microsoft Office Applications – Excel, Word, Access.
• Accounting Programs – QuickBooks and various proprietary accounting programs.
• Internet (search and research).
• Computer Accounting.
• Computer Micro Processing.
• Computer Word Processing.
Bookkeeper / Office Manager – Freight Company, 6 Years
• Maintained full cycle bookkeeping up to year end.
• Created invoices to bill flat-deck local and highway freight transfers up to a gross yearly revenue of $4,000,000.00.
• Handled payables and receivables including collection calls.
• Reconciled charge card accounts and bank accounts.
• Set up payroll for both sub-contractors and hourly employees.
• Created spreadsheets in Excel to calculate Payroll, WCB, GST/HST and IFTA submissions.
• Kept track of log sheets, truck maintenance reports, claims and permits.
Bookkeeper / Accounts Receivable – Freight Company, 8 Years
• Priced container local and highway freight transfers (CDN and US) and billed amounts owing to customers up to a gross yearly revenue of $3,000,000.00.
• Created spreadsheets in Excel for data entry, which automatically generated a price after entering basic weight and location information.
• Reconciled accounts for both payables and receivables as well as charge card accounts.
• Installed and maintained software including QuickBooks and Transplus Fleet Manager.
Auditor - Accounts Payable, 7 Years
• Responsible for claims generation through an audit of the Client's accounts payable records.
• Reviewed claims under dispute and issued correspondence with respect to these claims.
• Created instruction manuals to train employees in the use of new proprietary software.
• Hired, trained and supervised 12 clerical staff.
• Chosen to represent region at an Access training seminar at head office in Atlanta, GA.
• Liaised with IT staff to set up queries in Access to facilitate the data search of records.
Reviews For This Service