Hi! Looking for an English-Indonesian Translator, Localization Specialist, or Linguistic Editor?
'Selamat Datang'—or Welcome!
With almost a decade of experience handling various English and/or Indonesian language-related projects, I've gained a thorough understanding as well as extensive knowledge of lexical and phonological linguistics—providing key technical and grammatical support in machine translation (MT), automatic speech recognition (ASR), text-to-speech (TTS), and other source languages.
My services include (but are not limited to):
✔ Translation & Localization
✔ Transadaptation & Transcreation (Creative Writing & Copywriting)
✔ Audio-Visual Translation (Transcribing, Subtitling & Dubbing)
✔ Machine Translation Post-editing (MTPE)
✔ Copyediting & Proofreading
✔ Technical Accuracy Check of Translation (TACT)
✔ Linguistic Quality Assurance, Editorial & Stylistic Review
💻 Able to work with CAT systems or localization management platforms: Memsource, Lokalise, Smartcat, Microsoft LEAF, Translation Workspace (TWXE), etc.
Here are what I generally do:
• Do research on the subject, analyze the content, and get the general idea of your document.
• Maintaining the structure and style of your original/source content piece as needed.
• Ensuring that specific terms and phrases are used consistently and correctly rendered.
• Consults to the Great Dictionary of the Indonesian Language (KBBI), Merriam-Webster, or Oxford English Dictionary.
• Use other online resources such as Kateglo, Wiktionary, Urban Dictionary, etc.
⌨️ Have done various types of Translation, Localization & Linguistic Quality Assurance projects for a series of content pieces—whether they're for creative, commercial, educational, or even personal purposes—such as official documents, web & mobile apps, UI/UX, product descriptions, technical manuals, advertisements, subtitles, transcripts, interviews, lectures, press releases, works of literature, lyrics, poems, and many more.
Hit me up! Feel free to send me an invitation to interview should you have any projects to discuss. Hopefully, we can collaborate and work together.