When used correctly press releases can be a very powerful tool for obtaining exposure in the news media. However, the inbox of journalists are flooded with releases vying for their attention every day.
Press releases that contain the following components are most likely to be of interest to a journalist:
- Contains a compelling human interest element
- Sparks controversy
- Contains a credible quote from a famous celebrity
Please be aware that it often takes several releases before a journalist begins to take notice. For best results, releases need to be sent to the media on a regular basis as part of an overall marketing/publicity strategy rather than a one-off, try-and-see approach.
Press Release Distribution Service (PRDS)
In addition to writing a journalist-approved press release, I offer an optional distribution service for an additional fee. No, I'm not posting it on those free sites that nobody reads. Your press release will actually be sent to the following:
- Over 30,000 registered journalists
- Dispatched to both AP and PR Newswire
- Posted in the online PR section of major TV, Radio and Newspaper websites.
- Includes Dow Jones, Google News, Reuters, Bloomberg, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Investor's Business Daily.
- Dispatch report listing which sites posted your PR.
Contact me if you are interested in receiving a quote for Press Release writing and/or distribution services.
60 Reviews For This Service