* Strong background in biomedical research from work and educational experience.
* Over six years of deadline-intensive writing and editing work for academic and mainstream scientific media companies. Directly responsible for content planning and the authoring of original news items, scientist profiles, press releases, and full-length feature articles.
* Served as Project Manager for special print supplements, coordinating multiple departments under time-intensive conditions.
* Former editorial director for a technology project relating to the
exploration of how scientists use the web and web-based tools in their
* Multiple freelance assignments for a variety of clients on biological, medical, and social topics.
My diverse work and educational experience has given me in-depth familiarity with an extremely broad range of topics relating to contemporary trends and issues in life sciences research, and the ability to rapidly acquaint myself with new but related subje