On January 15 we’ll be issuing 1099-MISC tax forms to all qualifying U.S. freelancers. It is your responsibility to report your 1099-MISC earnings to the IRS.
To view or print your 1099-MISC Form:
- Sign in to your Guru.com account.
- Click Payments in the header.
- Click the “1099 Tax Forms” tab.
Which freelancers qualify for a 1099-MISC form?
You must meet all of the following conditions to receive a 1099-MISC Form:
- You received payment from an employer who uses Guru.com’s free 1099 service
- You completed a W-9 form with a valid U.S. social security number (SSN)
- You reside within the U.S. and,
- You received payments through Guru.com totaling $600 or more in 2015.
Please contact an accountant or tax firm if you have any questions about your tax filing.