1099-MISC Tax Forms Available Jan 15

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

On January 15 we’ll be issuing 1099-MISC tax forms to all qualifying U.S. freelancers. It is your responsibility to report your 1099-MISC earnings to the IRS.

To view or print your 1099-MISC Form:

  1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Click Payments in the header.
  3. Click the “1099 Tax Forms” tab.

Which freelancers qualify for a 1099-MISC form?

You must meet all of the following conditions to receive a 1099-MISC Form:

  • You received payment from an employer who uses’s free 1099 service
  • You completed a W-9 form with a valid U.S. social security number (SSN)
  • You reside within the U.S. and,
  • You received payments through totaling $600 or more in 2015.

Please contact an accountant or tax firm if you have any questions about your tax filing.


  1. Dimitris Mazonakis Reply

    Hello Jake,

    So, since I am not a US resident – or national for that matter, I won’t receive such a form and I won’t have to mess with the IRS…Did I get that right? What happens if I have made more than 600 USD (hypothetical question since I am brand new to this site)? Won’t I have any tax obligations next year no matter how much I make?

    Best regards,


    • Hi Dimitris–if you aren’t a US citizen then you do not need to take into account any of this information, as it only pertains to US citizens.

Write a Comment