EA stands for “Expert Advisor,” a term that refers to a script written by an EA programmer used in forex trading apps and platforms rather than a person.
For example, if you need to understand how to choose a good Expert Advisor integration to kick start your trading endeavors, we’d advise you to work with an experienced professional to ensure your site or app is working correctly.
What Are the Benefits of EA in Forex?
An EA programming script is a smart bot that handles a huge range of tasks, such as:
- Opening trades automatically based on pre-set conditions
- Tracking trading patterns and trends
- Closing transactions when a predetermined event happens
Unlike traditional stock exchanges that operate between defined hours, forex markets never close, so it can be impossible to take advantage of opportunities or bypass emerging risks. An EA allows traders, fund managers, or forex apps to take over, processing millions of variables, tracking currency pairs, and deploying orders whenever the conditions you have set are met.
Of course, people still make manual forex trades, but the algorithmic nature of an EA helps to test trading strategies and make calculations to increase the potential to return higher profits.
How Does EA Work?
EAs function by relying on rules or strategies. They make decisions depending on those parameters and can be adapted to individual user requirements, risk approaches, or tactics. The bot enters or closes trades and makes lightning-fast judgments by scanning the market or monitoring specific currency pairs.
- Forex traders with tried and tested processes reliant on technical indicators can program those rules into the EA and let it take over and replicate their methodology on a live market.
- An EA programmed to sell at a particular resistance level will never deviate from that instruction–it’s an emotionless bot and won’t wobble or delay.
- Trading targets entered into EA programming allow automatic trading, with safeguards to avoid profits from being lost if trends suddenly swerve.
The primary benefits of an EA are that it saves time, is entirely customizable, and can carry out your instructions without further intervention.
How to Hire an EA Coder or Forex EA Developer
EA developers create unique apps with EA coding built into the backend to develop trading tools that can either be marketed as a forex service or used to support an investment strategy. When you wish to automate a trading system to make it quicker and simpler to execute orders around the clock, an EA bot ensures you don’t miss a trade and do not need to manually place an order when the market conditions are right.
Freelance forex EA developers provide a broad range of services and expertise, such as writing the code, testing it, and adapting the programming script as required. There are two types of contractors you might hire, each with a different focus:
- Strategy builders usually create software that allows traders and fund managers to develop a trading approach or style without programming that technique into the script.
- Forex EA developers are technical professionals who convert a strategy into a live bot, ready to deploy according to the rules and parameters contained within your process.
Backtesting is one of the fundamental requirements and analyzes the performance of your intended forex strategy without risk before you implement your method onto the market. This step is essential because, without backtesting, you may find that the cost of developing a bespoke EA solution isn’t profitable if the trading technique or technical indicators you rely on aren’t reflected in real-world returns.
How Much Do EA Developers Charge?
Developers charge fees based on their programming experience and abilities, constructing new EAs, adjusting algorithms, and implementing the script within your software, interface, or application. Most work on an hourly rate or charge per project, with average costs starting at around $20 an hour or $250 per project, although you can hire a capable developer based on a pre-set budget.
It’s best to have a clear specification before you post a job. That ensures skilled freelancers–like those you’ll find on Guru–reply with the right skills and knowledge to meet your expectations, whether you have a simple project in mind that will take a day or two, or a large programming task to build a fully-functioning piece of software.