Journalist with more than 12 years experience in newspapers and magazines.
2011: Press release for Czyonoft, a fledgling video game company.
* Micromedia Publications
Beat reporting of Berkeley and Manchester townships, New Jersey
Responsible for 1-4 articles per week.
Generating articles about the state of the toy industry, sourcing toy store owners, toy manufacturers, and experts.
Jan. 2003 to 2008
Staff Writer, Gannett: Times-Beacon Newspapers, Ocean County Observer and Asbury Park Press
* Responsible for three stories and three briefs daily
* Covered up to five municipalities, plus breaking news, often in multiple beats each week.
* Trained new writers in previous beats: Little Egg Harbor, Lacey, Berkeley, Lakewood, Jackson, etc. This includes sharing contact information, providing copies of key stories, giving background, and being available at any time for help.
* Took photographs and wrote photo captions.
* Promoted from weekly to daily paper April 2004.
* Assigned editorial responsibilities September 2006, including copy editing, headline writing, and laying out pages.
Sept. 1999 to Dec. 1999
Staff Writer, The Independent Press and The Glen Ridge Paper
* Wrote 8-10 articles per week.
* Attended local government meetings and events for two weekly newspapers.
9 Reviews For This Service