* Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) specializing in the valuation of public and privately held businesses, including early-stage and venture-backed companies for tax and financial reporting purposes.
* Experienced in building, analyzing, and auditing financial models in Excel.
* Analyzing financial statements and performing necessary normalization adjustments and Cash-to-GAAP Reconciliations.
*Executing quantitative company and industry research to identify appropriate public company comparables and precedent transactions.
* Determining appropriate discounts for lack of marketability and control as well as acquisition premiums.
* Extensive knowledge of valuation approaches and allocation methodologies, including the Option Pricing Method (OPM), Backsolve Method, Probability-Weighted Expected Return Method (PWERM), and the Current Value Method (CV).
* Proficient working knowledge in the use of data sources, such as CapIQ, Pitchbook, Pratt’s Stats, RMA, Mergerstat, and Ibbotson Cost of Capital Yearbook.
* Analyzing term sheets, operating agreements, articles of incorporation, carveouts, and spin-offs, as well as industry, M&A, and Global Economic Research.
* Conducting Monte Carlo Simulations for purposes of determining the fair value of ratchet provisions related to the preferred shares (“Embedded Options”) and complex financial instruments.