Copy editing, line editing, or developmental editing of fiction and nonfiction for perfect writing. I will do a thorough edit that includes the following:
* Make or suggest changes in sentence structure and syntax to improve the clarity and flow of the text
* Suggest smooth transitions, especially between paragraphs
* Suggest minor additions/deletions and word choice
* Point out wordiness, cliches, and jargon
* Check for consistency of tone
* Correct errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, capitalization, hyphenation, etc.
* Ensure time, place, name consistency, and logic
I will also make suggestions for improvements in diction, dialogue, character development, point of view, pace, and plot structure from a writer's perspective. I always do a second pass, as it is impossible to catch everything with just one pass. I like to work closely with my authors, asking questions whenever needed and sending progress reports with drafts on long projects. I would also do a final proofreading to catch errors in added material.
27 Reviews For This Service