I am a creative and experienced embedded software engineer, having successesfully developed several innovative products from white board concepts to final customer releases. Successful products include three generations of ecobee WiFi-enabled Homekit-certified smart thermostat and Logitech Harmony remote control. All the products became the market leaders, brought high-margin revenues and contributed significantly to the success of the companies.
I am here to help building successful products.
Key skills includes:
• Strong problem solving and communications skills and the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget. 5+ years of experience in leading and managing multi-function, multi-location teams.
• Proven innovation skills. Superior skills in the area of developing embedded software for Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), including application, device driver, kernel operating system and u-boot.
• Excellent skills in C/C++, Object Oriented design, market proven embedded system user interface design/development experience
• Comfortable using agile, scrum and OKRs methodologies, Familiar with Visual Studio, Eclipse, IAR, MPLAB X and CodeWarrior etc major IDEs.
• Extensive experience with ARM architecture-based CPU, NXP i.MX28x, Cortex-M, KL14, and Microchip (PIC) microcontroller families, Silicon Labs SoC and NCP.
• Advanced experience in design/developing Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, sensors, connectivity, solutions for storing and processing big data.
• Proficient in network architecture, TCP/IP application programming and most common communication protocols including UART, SPI, I2C, RS-485, IoT, WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE, NFC, Zwave, and ZigBee.
• Very familiar with Zigbee development. Had designed and developed Zigbee SE and HA devices and gateway. Had them successfully approved by Zigbee certification and deployed in some major utilities in North America. Extensive experience to architecture and develop solutions for Demand Response market.
• Hands-on experience with debug tools, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, in-circuit debuggers, spectrum analyzer and a variety of test equipment.
• 8+ years experience to design and develop manufacturing procedure and test fixtures for electronics mass production. Successfully managed producing and shipped tens of thousands of devices to customers.
• 8+ years of Linux development experience, including kernel, file system and u-boot development.