1. Forecasting models
2. Simulation models
3. Monte Carlo and statistical models
4. Feasibility studies
5. Break-even, ROI and IRR
6. Economic models: technical and commercial
7. Project models and simulation
1. Forecasting is the prediction of future events and conditions and is a key element in organizations, for management decision-making. There are typically two types of events: 1) uncontrollable external events – originating with the national economy, governments, customers and competitors and 2) controllable internal events (e.g., marketing, legal, risk, new product decisions) within the firm.
2. Simulation is the use of a financial/mathematical model to recreate a situation, often repeatedly, so that the likelihood of various outcomes can be more accurately estimated. Simulation models are used to predict and study the outcome and effects of real world processes before they are implemented.
3. Monte Carlo is a computation intensive forecasting technique applied where statistical analysis is extremely cumbersome due to the complexity of a problem (such as queuing or waiting line probabilities, or inventories involving millions of items). It is used only where the problem has a chance (random) component, and is subject to unpredictable influences,
4. A feasibility study is an analysis of the ability to complete a project successfully, taking into account legal, economic, technological, scheduling and other factors. A feasibility study allows project managers to investigate the possible negative and positive outcomes of a project before investing too much time and money.
5. Breakeven is an analysis to determine the point at which revenue received equals the costs associated with receiving the revenue. The ROI is a performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. IRR can be used to rank several prospective projects .
Skills & Expertise
AnalysisFinancial AnalysisFinancial ModelingForecastingLegalManagementMarketingModeling
0 Reviews for This Service
This Freelancer has not received any feedback.
Browse Similar Freelance Experts