Attorney dedicated to practical solutions to legal problems.
· Prosecution and preparation of provisional, utility and PCT patent applications in the biomedical, electronic, chemical, energy, desalination, aviation, electrophotograpy, business methods, telecommunications, database, and mechanical fields for concerns ranging in size from startup companies to Fortune 500 companies.
· Preparation of freedom to operate opinions (non-infringement opinions).
· Review and evaluation of intellectual property estates before acquisition.
· Coordination of patent application filings and prosecution in Europe, Asia, Australia, Mexico, and South America.
· Patent Infringement Litigation throughout the U.S.
In 1996, Mr. Douglas graduated from the University of California, Berkeley with a Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering. In 1999, he received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of California, Davis School of Law and then became a member of the California Bar and registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
In law school, Mr. Douglas served as a judicial intern to Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Gunther. Prior to law school, Mr. Douglas was an engineering intern at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the area of semiconductor processing. He also worked as an engineer for Tosco Refining.
Mr. Douglas has been lead attorney in five patent infringement litigation cases (defendant and plaintiff). Mr. Douglas also maintains a patent prosecution practice.
23 Reviews For This Service