• Typing skills of 65 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, clinical medicine, surgery, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, pharmacology, and specialties.
• Familiar with the four major work types (History & Physicals, Operative Notes, Consultations, and Discharge Summaries) and other reports as dictated by physicians.
• Ability to understand diverse accents, dialects, and varying dictation styles.
• Ability to work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner.
• Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices in accordance with The Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd Edition.
• Ability to maintain the patient's right to confidentiality.
• Ability to use designated reference materials appropriately and efficiently to facilitate the accuracy, clarity, and completeness of reports.
• Ability to operate designated word processing, dictation, and transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified.
• Strong physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision and manage time wisely in maintaining priorities and established work standards.
• Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
Reviews For This Service