The right word is worth a thousand images.
I am an freelance translator with over 20 years' experience undertaking a wide range of projects. Translating from US or UK English into my native French language at an average of 2500 words per day, with strong discernment and problem-solving abilities, my education and publications project management experience allow me to offer high quality work and fast turnaround.
I provide services to a great variety of clients in the field of Humanities and Social Science among others, including scientific research reports and technical documents. I also produce copywriting and/or re-writing of draft documents.
On a personal note, as an efficient multitasker living right here and now, I also have a background in graphic design, fine arts and special needs education. In addition, I carry a QiGong instructor Certificate with experience in TCM.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Fully bilingual, French and English (CCC/CCC)
• 22 years experience, wide range of documents
• High quality work, fast turnaround
• Publications project management experience
• Translation, editing, proofreading
• Freelance: 1995 - 2017
Among distinguished clients:
• CAV/ACS sign language interpretation and communications
• Creatrix Design Group, Ottawa
• Science Com, Ottawa
• Communications Plus, Aylmer
• Bell 9-1-1 Technicians' User Manual, Québec City
• Actus Marketing, Ottawa
• TVA TV Network, Ste-Foy, Québec
Areas and specialty:
• Social Science; other fields
• Newsletters, reports, Web content
• Commercial, marketing
• Copy writing
• Graduate Studies in Translation and Writing
Université du Québec à Hull, Gatineau 2000-2001, 2016
• Bachelor of Arts, Conc. Sociology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, 1978
Pertinent Computer Skills:
• Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
• Windows and Mac platforms
I'm available for translation and proofreading work seven days and evenings.
With such a high competition rate found in the Guru website, I will charge 25% less per word for work contracted through this venue.
Looking forward to hearing from you! Please feel free to contact me should you need any further information.