As a published author of fiction and nonfiction novels, I have worked with editors and publishing staff and am familiar with the publishing industry. I have provided professional critiques on several books that have gone on to sell and traditionally publish.
Manuscript consultation, critique, and editing services focus on the strengths and weaknesses of the story. I make recommendations for improving characterization, pacing, transitions, POV, consistency, continuity, and more.
What I’ll look for in your work:
• Characters – are they distinguished and fully formed
• Dialogue – does it sound realistic or forced
• Pacing – is there enough or too much action interspersed with dialogue
• Plot progression – does each scene/chapter move the story forward. Are there areas to expound on or scenes that are not necessary
• Transitions – do scenes/chapters flow seamlessly from one to another
I critique/edit using Track Changes in Microsoft Word and am happy to speak to you regarding its features if you are not familiar with it.
I provide recommendations for overall improvements and revision suggestions. When applicable, I may recommend authors and/or titles to study for craft, voice or genre. In addition, I’ll share my knowledge and insight of the market and offer submission advice.
I will proofread by flagging typos, structural/formatting issues, mechanical, punctuation issues, and grammatical errors as a perk as time allows, but recommend proofreading be saved for the final draft.
Manuscripts must be formatted in industry standard form.
Last name/Title in the upper right corner
12 point font
Chapter headings 1/3 down.
1 inch margins all around
Reviews For This Service