-Original content fees are negotiable per project.
-Publishing Industry advice is hourly.
-Manuscript Consultation/Critique Services is per word.
I focus on the strengths and weaknesses of the story. I make recommendations for improving characterization, pacing, transitions, POV, consistency, continuity, and more.
What I’ll look for in your work:
• Characters – are they distinguished and fully formed
• Dialogue – does it sound realistic or forced
• Pacing – is there enough or too much action interspersed with dialogue
• Plot progression – does each scene/chapter move the story forward. Are there areas to expound on or scenes that are not necessary
• Transitions – do scenes/chapters flow seamlessly from one to another
I provide recommendations for overall improvements and revision suggestions. When applicable, I may recommend authors and/or titles to study for craft, voice or genre. In addition, I’ll share my knowledge and insight of the market and offer submission advice.
Manuscripts must be formatted in industry standard form.
Last name/Title in the upper left corner
Page numbers in the upper right corner
Chapter headings 1/3 down.
1 inch margins all around
12 point font
I accept complete manuscripts or works-in-progress. Include a 1-2 page synopsis if you have one – no charge.
I critique using Track Changes in Microsoft Word and am happy to speak to you regarding its features if you are not familiar with it.
I will provide proofreading by flagging typos, structural/formatting issues, mechanical and punctuation issues, and grammatical errors as a perk as time allows, but highly recommend proofreading be saved for the final draft.