Typically, Responsive Web Design is suitable for informational web pages, with information on the right side of the screen in desktop applications brought to the bottom of the page in mobile applications.
Some of the advantages of using Responsive Web Design are:
* Single code base – build once, run across all devices
* Renders across any screen size – one can view the internet on 20? monitors, 15? laptops, 10? netbooks, 7? tablets, 3? smartphones and every size between. It also considers the huge difference in widths and heights, whether the screen is landscape or portrait, and screen resolution.
* Improves SEO – a single version of the website improves page ranking. Issues have arisen in which having two versions of a site (website and mobile site) impact page ranking.
* Reduces maintenance cost and effort due to single link.
* Provides control and flexibility – changes can be made at one centralized place. You do not need to contact multiple vendors to make changes when your mobile site/ mobile application is built by different development companies.