When I first awarded this contract to Tate, I was really looking forward to working with them. I had reviewed their portfolio and discussed my requirements with them so I felt fairly confident this project would be quite successful.
1. The interactive dashboard they provided (and Skype) was extremely helpful in keeping track of the various elements of this project and for communication. They were available whenever I needed them and provided feedback/revisions quickly.
2. Although I only requested 2-3 mocks for the creative design phase they provided many many more and also went above and beyond in terms of revisions on nailing down the layout.
3. Great communication with the project lead, Kody.
1. Although requested in my original proposal, they are not a HIGHLY creative shop. They can provide some good looking designs however the creative flare we needed for this project missed the mark.
2. The coding was horrendous. We specified our requirements in our project brief so I was surprised this occurred. I realized this after we received the files and started integrating on our server. It was tables upon tables upon tables - little use of CSS beyond the basic functions - this again goes back to best practices.
I think overall Tate would be a good shop to work with for a BASIC site design. They do put in 110% however I do not feel they are able to design/develop more complex solutions.
on May 28, 2007