Local government activist, blogger and former politician with 23 years professional management experience in a small non-profit looking for side jobs to maintain activist lifestyle.
After 23 years of being the Executive Director of a small non-profit (tenantresourcecenter.org) where I was responsible for everything from getting the garbage taken out to which programs we were going to pursue, I'm looking for a less hectic lifestyle.
As Executive Director of the Tenant Resource Center I had up to 16 employees and 20-40 volunteers. I was responsible for fundraising, grant writing, creating and managing the annual budget, IT, social media and communications, community relations, all aspects of HR, policies and procedures, program oversight and more. See resume below.
In addition to my job I:
- served on the City of Madison Common Council for 8 years (2001-2009)
- maintained and active blog at forwardlookout.com since 2005
- co-founded the Occupy Madison Tiny House Village (occupymadisoninc.com)
- helped transition WYOU Community Television from 3 full time staff to a 100% volunteer run organization
- have contributed on-air at WORT Community Radio for the past 5 years
- have run and managed local campaigns
- have co-chaired a local 3rd party off and on for 20 years
Other passions include
- all things live local music including sometimes running lights at my husband's sound gigs
- live-streaming local government meetings of interest
- gardening (mostly flowers)
- camping and music festivals
Flexible work hours, prefer electronic communicaitons.
Attachments (Click to Preview)