1) I only bid on and accept jobs that I think I can excel with. If I submit a proposal, or accept an invitation, it is because I truly believe I "get" what you're trying to accomplish. If I do not bid, or respond to an invitation, it's not personal -- it's just that I believe there are others more suited to deliver the results you desire.
2) I am currently available for small, one-time jobs, as well as for ongoing projects.
Additionally, in some situations, I will consider long- and short-term employment, including full-time or part-time work; contracted positions; and being kept on retainer for my skills.
3) I may negotiate a flat rate that comes out to less than my stated hourly rate, depending on the circumstances, and the complexity/appeal of the project.
4) As a general rule, my terms are 40% non-refundable deposit; 30% upon approval of the samples; and the remaining 30% when the work is completed.
5) My preferred method of communication is email, however I know that sometimes an actual conversation is needed. For those times, I will make myself available via instant message, Skype, or telephone.
6) You can provide samples of other people's work (logos, sites, apps, etc.) for inspiration or reference, but I will not copy another artist's work. Nor will I knowingly create anything that infringes upon another party's intellectual property, products or services.
7) All except #6 are negotiable. If we're a good match, we can probably work something out.