If writing with power and authority is your passion, then text errors are the hidden nightmare in your work. I'll protect your brand, one letter at a time.
I’m a professional proofreader and copy-editor and, sure, my job about is looking for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, little things like that. But it's also about keeping your reputation and brand secure. It's about keeping bad publicity away. It's about saving you money and distress. And it's about doing it for you one character at a time.
For 20 years I used a microscope to uncover diseases and wrote, edited, and proofread papers and manuals such as the FDA BAM. For the last six years, I've specialized in using a red pen and a trained eye to reveal fatal errors in your publications, large or small, before your reader does. I use old school proofreading techniques on paper and only then do I load text on-screen. This gives you the most accurate proofreading possible for a professional result.
I offer you:
• Meticulous proofreading of your website or email texts, ebooks, docs, pdfs, or manuscripts. I'll search and destroy typos and errors in grammar, punctuation, spacing, layout, or any other hidden terrors.
• Personalized copy-editing in the best style for publication OR in your own custom style. I’ll advise you or correct your texts for passive voice, unnecessary adverbs, overused words, readability, cliches, sticky words, pacing and sentence structure as needed. Fantasy and world-builders welcome.
• Plain language is vital for science and medical writers to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to other scientists, to policymakers, and to the lay public. It's all about helping you communicate complex ideas while keeping them elegant, stylish, and stimulating for your audience. Science fiction authors, take note!
• Creation of understandable SOPs, clear instruction manuals, accessible documents, and all those other necessary texts for science, business, medical, and other professionals.
As a lifelong reader with a soft spot for fantasy, weird Mythos tales, and SF from Wells to LeGuin, I love to help self-publishers or new authors.
I can work with any kind of text file. Turnaround depends on the length and complexity of your project and how much editing you require. I'll meet your deadlines and present you with a great product you can use with confidence.
• One document edited showing tracking changes
• One document with changes accepted and comments deleted
• Two+ rounds of revisions (if necessary)
Attachments (Click to Preview)