GIS Developer & Spatial Analyst
I am a Geographic Information System (GIS) professional, with expertise in developing bespoke scripts, models, and applications for processing, analyzing, and visualizing geospatial data and remotely sensed imagery, with over ten years experience in the GIS field. I develop primarily using free and open source solutions such as GDAL/OGR, Python, R, QGIS, PostGIS, OSM, and pride myself on attention to detail, problem solving ability, writing well documented and efficient code, and punctual delivery of high quality outputs.
I have an enthusiasm for finding intelligent solutions to geoprocessing and spatial analysis problems, and can rapidly resolve issues with complex workflows, ETL, and processing large datasets. With an academic background in ecology and environmental science (to masters level), I am particularly interested in work in the natural sciences, and also anything related to my passion for outdoor recreation and hiking. I am a British expat living in Ontario, Canada.
My expertise includes:
- GDAL/OGR command line tools (e.g. ogr2ogr, gdalwarp) and GEOS
- Python and R for geoprocessing/ETL, spatial analysis, mapping, web apps (shiny, flask)
- Designing thematic or cartographic maps with QGIS, and developing bespoke plugins
- Web mapping with mapbox, open layers, leaflet, Googles API
- SQL and database administration with PostgreSQL/PostGIS, SpatiaLite
- Road network routing with networkx
- Building a map server for custom OSM xml styles with mapnik
- Querying REST APIs e.g. Google Maps, Twitter
- Working with Linux based servers (e.g. Ubuntu), and AWS
Any hours/days, can communicate by Email, skype etc.