Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
This is one of those quotes that can be applied to all achievements in life. Everyone knows that the best goals are ones that can take a while to reach. With any great achievement, it’s best to lay out checkpoints along the way. In the business world, it allows you to protect your investment while your eye remains on a target that is still way off into the distance.
Guru headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA will be closed Friday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. The office will reopen on Monday, July 7 at 9:00 am EST. Banks in the U.S. will also be closed on July 4, so all payments will be sent on July 3.
To those celebrating the Fourth of July, be safe and enjoy the holiday weekend!
Independence Day Fun Facts
- Over 75 million Americans are planning on a BBQ on this Independence Day.
- Americans will consume over 700 million pounds of chicken and over 150 million hot dogs.
- In July 1776, there were an estimated 2.5 million people living in the newly independent nation. Today, there are 318.4 million.
- The 4th of July was not recognized as a national holiday until 1941.
- The song “Yankee Doodle” was sung originally by British officers making fun of backwoods Americans.
- Shout-out to Guru’s home state! Pennsylvania, the so-called “State of Independence” where the Declaration of Independence was debated and signed, is home to 11 places with the word “liberty” in their name. That’s more than any other state in the country!
Looks can be deceiving, especially online. Some scam artists know how to create a webpage that looks identical to a popular login page (such as ours), and will use it to collect user information. Protect your personal information! Check your browser’s URL field to be sure you are on the right website.
Be cautious of clicking on shortened and hidden links as well. When in doubt, simply navigate to https://www.guru.com/login.aspx.
Tomorrow (June 19) between 6:00 am and 9:30 am EST, our system will be down for scheduled maintenance. We’ll be posting on our Facebook page with updates throughout the day, so make sure you connect with us there!
How many times have you wished for more than 24 hours in the day?
Life as a freelancer can be hectic, and promoting your freelance business may be the last thing on your mind. You’re already busy with client deadlines and making ends meet, and it can seem impossible to get everything done. But finding new clients while keeping current ones is vital to your success, especially when you’re just starting out.
So how can you fit promotion into your schedule without losing your mind? Luckily, there are a few quick techniques you can use to promote your business in just minutes a day. Here are 8 of them…which have you tried?
Things are moving fast here at Guru! In February we introduced new freelancer profiles with searchable services. Just over a month ago we celebrated the addition of over 1 million services. And today, we’re happy to say you now have access to over 2 million services!
Come see what these gurus can do for you. The perfect fit is just a few taps away, whether you know exactly what you need, or you’re just starting to look around. Explore over 50,000 work collections to determine the best fit for your job.
Search Freelance Services or Post a Job (it’s free!)