Our “Release Funds” tool gives you the ability to release funds from SafePay whenever you need to.
How to: Release Funds from SafePay:
- Select the job title from the “Manage” section of your dashboard.
- Click on the box that has your Freelancer’s name in it.
- On the left-hand side of the screen – click on the box that says, “SafePay”.
- On the right-hand side of the screen – click on the blue words that say, “Release Funds”.
- Enter the amount you want to release to each party.
- Check and make sure the amounts are correct – click the box agreeing to the terms of the release.
- Click the blue box that says, “Release Funds”.
You can distribute funds however you need to, and you don’t have to release the entire amount. Any unused balance, will remain in SafePay.
NOTE: To help protect both Freelancers and Employers, funds are only released from SafePay if both parties agree to it. Clear and frequent communication can help prevent potential conflicts before they happen.
If a “release request” is sent asking to distribute funds to the Employer or Freelancer who initiated the request, we give the other party 7 days to acknowledge the “release request”.
If no action is taken, the funds will automatically be released as requested.