Employers on Guru have full control over initiating communication with the Freelancers. Once a Freelancer sends a Quote, Employers can send a direct message to them and discuss more about the Quote and the job. Only Freelancers with paid memberships can send a message first after sending a Quote (called Sales Messages). Employers also get the option to end a discussion with a Freelancer anytime.
To send a direct message, click the “Message” button along with the Quote.
Direct Message Guidelines:
- The character limit of a direct message is 5,000 characters.
- You can send multiple messages.
- Do not use HTML or special formatting in your message as it will appear blank.
- The size limit for a direct message is 10 MB.
- We only accept the following file formats as attachments: gif, jpg, jpeg, pdf, ppt, txt, doc, swf, html, htm, wav, mov, avj, mpeg, mpg, xls, mp3, psd, tif, tiff, eps, png, mdb, mde, zip, bmp, qxd, docx, pptx, wmv, xlsx.