To make sure Guru is a secure marketplace that Employers and Freelancers can trust, we are moving towards requiring all Freelancers to verify their identity.
Freelancers are required to submit the following information as part of the ID Verification process on Guru:
- ID Information:
- Contact Information
- Current Photo
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Proof of Address
- Credit Card Information: We require all Freelancers to have a verified credit card on account as a part of our verification process. We charge a small random refundable amount to the credit card details shared by you and ask you to verify the charge made.
Once you successfully verify your credit card, we charge a small fee of 4.95 USD to process your ID Verification along with the ID information submitted. We will notify you of the verification status within two business days.
If you are unable to or don’t feel comfortable submitting this information, Contact Us and we can work with you to see if there is an alternative.
- None of the information that you provide for ID Verification is sold or displayed publicly.
- The name shared in the contact information must match with the name on your government issued photo ID.
- The name and address shared in the contact information must match with the information in the proof of address.
- Employers can see your ID Verification status with your Quote if you do not have any All-Time Transaction Data. This helps you gain the trust of the Employers when you don’t have a transaction history on Guru.