Submitting documents for ID Verification is a simple 2-3 minute process if you have all the required documents and information handy. We suggest you go through the following for a hassle-free ID Verification experience.
To initiate the process, go to “Verify” on your Dashboard summary.
ID Verification involves three steps:
I. ID Information
1.Verify Contact Information
To verify your contact information, we require:
- Mobile Number (we will send a text message to verify the number)
- Legal Name
- Residential Address
2. Upload Current Photo: Submit a photo of yourself taken in the last 60 days.
3. Submit Government Issued Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport, Voter ID, National ID etc.)
4. Submit Proof of Address
Submit a copy of any of the following documents:
- Utility bill (electric, water, internet, mobile phone, etc. issued in the last 60 days)
- National ID Card
- Insurance Card
- Bank Statement
- Credit Card Statement, etc.
- The images/documents must be in original color and not edited/cropped.
- All four corners of the ID must be visible in the image.
- Both sides of the ID should be submitted.
- The name shared in the contact information must match the name in the government issued ID.
- The name and address shared in the contact information must match the information in the proof of address.
II. Credit Card Information
Enter the credit card information including the billing address and a valid phone number. In the currency dropdown select USD or the currency associated with the credit card.
Once you submit the credit card information, Guru will charge a random refundable amount of 10 USD or less. You then need to verify the amount charged in one of the following two ways:
- Confirm the exact verification amount charged in USD or the currency you have selected at the time of adding the card.
- Use the authorization code for that transaction. Make sure you submit the verification amount in the currency selected at the time of adding the credit card.
Check your credit card statement or contact your card issuer to get either of these.
- After your credit card is verified, all transactions will be in USD.
- If your authorization code is five digits, add a “0” in the beginning.
III. Submit for Review
We charge a non-refundable fee of 4.95 USD to process all your documents and carefully review them. The process may take up to 2 business days.