Guru offers several tools in the WorkRoom that help you work more efficiently.
Whether you are working on one or more jobs, using tasks can help you stay organized. This feature helps you create and assign tasks to team members working on a job.
To create a new task:
- Click on the “New Task” link in the WorkRoom.
- Give your task a name and a description.
- Select a due date.
- Assign it to a team member and add participants.
- Click on “Create Task.”
Each task has its own message thread so that the conversation can stay focused on the task while keeping all participants in the loop.
- Click on “Notify me when there are updates to this task” at the bottom of any task to receive an email notification when the task is updated.
Within a WorkRoom, you can share or view files related to the job. There are two types of files that you can upload:
- Public Files: These are files that you want to share with everyone working on the job. To add a public file, click on “Add Files” and select files from your device to send. You can store up to 500MB of data here.
- Private Files: These are files that only you can view. You can store up to 100MB of data here.
Supported File Types:
Documents – eps, psd, qxd, tif, tiff, ppt, doc, txt, xls, mdb, mde, htm, html, pdf, zip, docx, pptx, xlsx, pps, ppsx, sxc, ods, sxi, sxw, odt, ps, odp, rtf, xod, csv, rar, accdb, xml, xlsm, 7z
Audio – mp3, wav, avi, mov, mpe, mpeg, mpg, swf, flv, wmv, mp4
Images – bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png
Time tracking allows Employers and Freelancers to substantiate and understand the billed amount for jobs based on Hourly Payment term. With time tracking, Freelancers are able to record job activity and accordingly bill the hours to the Employers.
In case of other Payment terms – Fixed Price, Milestones and Recurring, the time can be tracked to record time spent on tasks but cannot be used to create invoices.
To learn more about using Time Tracker, click here.
Within a WorkRoom, you can add team members to help manage and execute a job. You can also assign roles to various team members to manage different aspects of the job.
To invite team members to a job and assign roles, click on “My Team” in the WorkRoom and click on “Build My Team.”
To know more about team member roles, click here.