SafePay helps create transparency on the platform. It is a shared account funded by the Employer before the work starts. When SafePay is funded, the Freelancer feels confident that funds are available and the Employer feels secure that work can be reviewed before making the payment.
Funds in SafePay aren’t tied to one specific job or task and can be used to make payments for any work done with respect to the job – pay for tasks, milestones, hours, miscellaneous work, or even bonuses. Funds can be released to either the Employer or the Freelancer upon Agreement. In case of a disagreement, either party can request for Arbitration, as long as funds are available in SafePay.
How does SafePay work?
- The Freelancer requests Employer to fund the SafePay as per the amount in the Agreement or as discussed with the Freelancer.
- Employer funds the SafePay using their preferred payment method or using AutoFund before Freelancer begins work.
- Freelancer delivers the work to the Employer for review.
- The Employer releases the funds from SafePay and Freelancer gets paid.
- Any work you do without funds in SafePay is at your own risk.
- We do not recommend making upfront payments to Freelancers.
Funds in SafePay can be released on request to either the Employer or the Freelancer upon mutual Agreement. In case of a disagreement, either party can request for Arbitration, as long as funds are available in SafePay.