Having trouble finding the freelance jobs you want on Guru? Here are three easy steps that will save you time and frustration.
1. Search with carefully-chosen keywords and phrases.
Change up your search terms and see which gives you the best results. Some tips:
- Check the spelling, and leave a space between words.
- Choose different keywords that describe your search, or use fewer descriptive words.
- Search for the plural form of your keyword by adding an “s” at the end.
- Do not use punctuation unless you expect it in the results.
- For exact phrase searches, put quotation marks around your phrase. Example: “php development”
- Exclude a word from the results by adding a hyphen “-” in front with no space. Example: “development -design”
2. Narrow your search results with filters.
Continue honing in on the jobs you really want by applying filters. You can filter by category, budget, and location. You can also filter out non-featured jobs, those you have viewed, and those you have applied to.
3. Save your searches.
Once you’re happy with your search results, save the search. Your saved searches will appear in the “Saved Searches” drop-down menu on the search page and on your dashboard. Check back regularly to see newly posted jobs that meet your criteria