As an online vendor, you will always be a step ahead of your competitors if you use a shopping bot, especially since modern shoppers want a quick, safe, and convenient shopping process. Fortunately, there are many freelance bot developers that you can work with to create the right bot for your eCommerce website here on Guru.
You simply need to choose a developer who understands the whole process and has the needed experience to create different bots for specific tasks. For instance, if you want to speed up your checkout process, you need to hire someone who knows how to make a checkout bot. This article talks about hiring the right bot developer and shows you how to create a great bot developer job description.
What’s a Bot?
A bot is a robotic software application designed to perform various automated tasks over the internet, mainly for shopping purposes. For instance, it allows shoppers to scan multiple websites and online marketplaces for specific products and deals. Previously, this process was done manually, which made it long and tedious.
Bots are mainly deployed in artificial intelligence and machine learning fields to perform simple, structured tasks. They are also perfect for repetitive, highly laborious, and time-consuming tasks like checking out manually when placing an online order. Their high speed and accuracy save time and effort. For your shopping bot to perform these tasks successfully, you need an experienced bot developer.
What to Include in Your Bot Developer Job Description
While the primary process of developing a bot is the same for every bot, your developer will develop your custom one based on your job description. There are various platforms and tools that developers can use to create bots, including API.AI, Flow XO, Reply.ai, Microsoft Bot Framework among others. These tools and platforms are specific to particular bots. They can easily be customized if your developer understands the bot’s intended purposes.
Some developers have the needed expertise to develop bots from scratch. But this requires coding skills and extensive knowledge regarding different programming languages, developer tools, and libraries to make bots. Developing your bot from scratch allows you to customize it, ensuring you have full control. Here are some important prerequisites you should include in your bot developer’s job description.
- Ability to work with internal business teams and external partners to develop new automation through unattended and attended bots. Maintaining technical responsibility during the project and leading RPA process scrutiny, description, solution design, development, and delivery.
- Providing both operational and technical know-how. Working within the limits of project planning, sharing project risks and concerns to the project manager on time, and suggesting mitigation tactics and inputs.
- Creating and documenting test processes and performance setups for the pre-deployment phase, and collaborating with user test teams to solve any issues that may arise.
- Creating and maintaining all the necessary solution documentation, including process definition documents (PDD), design specification documents (DSD), and technical design documents (TDD). Guiding UiPath Orchestrator integration and implementation. Coaching and mentoring associate RPA developers and customer development teams.
- Documenting efforts by offering design documentation, clear code, and project documentation as necessary. Working with the RPA Tech Lead, RPA Program Lead, RPA stewards, and other members of the team to understand the latest processes and how they can be re-engineered and automated. Understanding business processes from workflow plans and intellectualizing them as automated solutions.
- Building bots that can work together with existing systems to computerize manual, laborious processes. Configuring, testing, and deploying integration to internal and external files.
- Extensive knowledge of the best practice Code Review systems and troubleshooting. Assisting in testing and UAT efforts. Providing Level 2 and 3 support.
- Familiarity with bot platforms including API.AI, Flow XO, Reply.ai, Microsoft Bot Framework among others
- Knowledge of Agile project delivery techniques, tools, and models. Superior time and project management skills.
- Showing great experience in automating attended and unattended batches, and having the ability to evaluate business requirements and conceptualize robotic automation solutions.
- Exceptional ability to create and implement testing scripts to authenticate bot functionality.
- Capable of working with automation software like MS Power Automate, UiPath, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in presenting technical information to non-technical audiences. Ability to consolidate, mentor, and train junior developers.
- UiPath RPA Developer certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of study or equivalent work experience in place of degree
- UiPath Certified Advanced RPA Developer.
- At least 2 successful RPA projects implementation using UiPath and other relevant tools.
- Experience in UiPath development, including developing, compiling, creating, and debugging complex applications.
- At least 3 years experience in bot development, with 2 years in RPA Development.
These are just some of the most important elements that a standard bot developer’s job description should have. So, you are free to personalize your job description to include additional requirements that suit your project.