So, you’re looking to complete a cutting-edge web development project. It would help if you had the right software to pull it off. And when it comes to web development software choices, the online world is your oyster. Having the right software takes the pain from web development, making it easy for developers to curate readable code. Laravel is software that has proven its worth when compared to other available options. No doubt, you may have to look into the nitty-gritty, such as the Laravel cost and how exactly it works. But even then, having the software doesn’t guarantee a perfect end product. You need to have the best web developers on your team to execute the software. And that’s where a Laravel developer comes in.
But what is a Laravel developer? It’s any professional software developer that specializes in the Laravel framework. Their primary role is to develop functional web applications while elevating the user experience.
What Is Laravel?
Before you hire Laravel developers, you need to understand what the software is and how to use it. We already mentioned how Laravel works within the web development confines. Laravel is an open-source PHP framework web developers use to create websites and web applications. The software comes with several perks, such as free basic features. Plus, it’s pretty scalable, meaning you can use it to suit the size of your project. Also, the software serves as a multifunctional tool for different systems, such as developing e-commerce websites and ticket ordering systems.
The Laravel framework is comprehensive enough for most aspects of web application solutions. You may be looking to maintain and manage your project. It is critical to equip your web developers with the tools they need. Or, you may need to add other functions to your website, such as payments systems. Either way, Laravel has got you covered.
The Role of a Laravel Developer
A deeper understanding of how Laravel developers work and their overall role is necessary to comprehend your situation. As previously highlighted, a Laravel developer is well versed in the intricacies of how the software operates. The developer’s fundamental role is to use the PHP framework to build highly functional web applications that boost the user experience. While this may be the primary role, a Laravel developer assumes many other responsibilities affiliated with the innovative software.
Additional functions of a Laravel developer include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining web applications by using standard web development tools.
- Writing lightweight, clean, secure, and easy-to-read code after conducting strict testing and valuation.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and resolving technical discrepancies.
- Designing and maintaining databases.
- Performing front and back end-user functions for a web application to ensure optimized performance.
- Following and staying abreast with industry trends in web development.
- Provide a comprehensive technical report to the project manager when requested.
Skills of a Laravel Developer
A Laravel developer undoubtedly boasts comprehensive knowledge regarding how the Laravel software works. However, the right developer needs a unique skill set over and above understanding the framework’s foundation. When looking to hire a developer in this field, make sure they possess a combination of the following hard and soft skills:
- Practical problem-solving skills on issues that may arise during the execution of the project.
- Strong communication skills that encompass written, speaking, and listening skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of open-source projects such as Joomla.
- Traceable experience in managing API services like REST.
- Proven experience in unit testing using platforms such as PHPUnit.
- Deep understanding of server tools and cloud servers.
- Detailed knowledge of web developing services.
- Collaboration with other web developers in the company to fill out data acquisition requirements.
- Leadership qualities include integrity, learning agility, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, courage, empathy, and respect.
Qualifications of a Laravel Developer
Having the necessary skills to succeed in the role is paramount. However, these skills may have to be complemented by the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in Laravel or as a PHP developer.
- Project management knowledge.
- Search Engine Optimization Knowledge.
Hiring a top-notch level Laravel developer is much easier if you understand what you need. Having a clear understanding of what Laravel, as a software, accomplishes is a start. Knowing the basics will suffice even if you don’t master the ins and outs of the framework. However, awareness of the roles of a Laravel developer is a must so that you know what to expect from the candidate you hire. The same applies to the benchmark qualifications they should possess.
Once you have the checklist mentioned above at your fingertips, it becomes easier to single out the best person for the job. Remember, Laravel is one of the best web development software options on the market. But you can only realize its actual value when you have the right person driving and executing the software.