When it comes to choosing a freelance React JS developer, the breadth of talent out there can be tricky to navigate. Using React JS is a coveted skill, essential for any web developer worth the title. Finding the right person for the job can transform the quality and value of your website or application. This is crucial for helping you connect to customers, reach your audience, and improve the reputation and status of your brand. From the initial conception to the final test, the right developer is integral to the interactive components of your site.
What Is React JS?
Before React JS’s conception, the development process was longer and more complex and left greater room for bugs and errors to enter the system, resulting in less impressive user interfaces. The tool started with Facebook and remains popular amongst sites such as Instagram, Reddit, and even Uber, as well as smaller sites and businesses. Its versatility, usability, and popularity mean that developers with knowledge and skill in React JS are in extremely high demand. But just how can they help?
What Does a React Developer Do?
In the simplest terms, a React JS developer uses the program to design and implement a range of user-facing features – the user interface – for a variety of applications and websites. They may also be referred to as “front-end” developers, meaning that they focus on the front end of the website (everything that is seen by the user). The look, feel, tone, and image of the site are all the responsibility of the React JS Developer, along with extras such as a gesture-driven interface (such as pinching your screen to zoom in), and implementing voice recognition programs such as Siri. The end goal of the developer is to ensure that the user of the site experiences a smooth, seamless experience.
How Do They Work?
What Skills Are Required?
React developers will need to have a wide range of skills to carry out their jobs and having experience and a strong background helps to ensure that developers can stand out in what is becoming an increasingly crowded market. As well as a working knowledge of the tool, React JS developers will also need to possess a wide range of skills, including:
● Specialist skills that help the developer to work with and understand React JS, including Flux, Webpack, Redux and Enzyme, amongst others.
● Other open-source libraries, such as html5sql.js, Moment JS, Loads, and Require JS.
● Proven expertise in several different web frameworks, including Backbone, KnockoutJS, VueJS, AngularJS, React Native, Angular2, Bootstrap, and Svelte, amongst others.
● Knowledge of software testing tools, as well as the ability to test codes. Experience with Selenium, Karma, VCS, Mocha, Unit-tests, TDD, and Jest is also a good indicator of experience.
● Familiarity and knowledge of a variety of databases, including Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL, to name a few.
● Working experience with code repositories, including Bitbucket, devZing Subversion, GitHub, and RhodeCode.
● Experience with a range of cloud management systems – examples include Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, OpenStack Apache, and Microsoft Azure.
● Experience in managing large projects, with knowledge of ClickUp, Basecamp, Zoho Projects, Trello, and Asana likely to be especially useful.
How Much Can I Expect to Pay?
As we mentioned, React JS is a crucial skill, and hiring a developer with this ability can make a significant difference to the quality of your project, whether it’s a website or a mobile application. When considering your budget, there is no definitive figure which you can expect to pay – the amount charged will depend on a wide variety of factors, including:
Years of Experience
One of the largest factors that impacts the amount you pay is the number of years of experience held by the developer you choose. The more experience they have, the more you can expect to pay and, in theory, the better the end result. It is important to note, however, that years of experience may not necessarily be the best fit for you. It’s more important that your chosen freelancer has experience in the specific nuances and needs of your project.
Different Roles Held Over Time
The roles held may be more important than the number of years’ experience held by a developer, if those roles and skills are a perfect fit for your requirements. Be sure to look out for any specific skills you may desire, as these may be held by a cheaper developer who is the perfect fit.
Training and Certifications
As a rule, the more training and qualifications a developer has, the more they’ll charge. If these certificates are in an area that could be useful for you, it is worth investing a little extra.
The price you pay will also depend largely on where in the world you are and can vary from city to city within the same country or state.
Finding the perfect developer for your project can be difficult, especially when there are so many options on the market, along with a wide range of prices. Now that you know exactly what a React JS is, you can better decide if they are the type of Dev you want to be working with, and what factors you’ll need to consider if you decide to take them on.